Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series 18001
OHSAS 18001 was created via the concerted effort from a number of the world’s leading national standards bodies, certification bodies, and specialist consultancies. A main driver for this was to try to remove confusion in the workplace from the proliferation of certifiable OH&S.
OHSAS 18001 has been developed to be compatible with the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, in order to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations.
The (OHSAS) specification gives requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, to enable an organization to control its OH&S risks and improve its performance. It does not state specific OH&S performance criteria, nor does it give detailed specifications for the design of a management system.
Who is it relevant for?
The OHSAS system is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- Establish an OH&S management system to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other interested
- parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities
- Implement, maintain and continually improve an OH&S management system
- Assure itself of its conformance with its stated OH&S policy
- Demonstrate such conformance to others environmental management system by an external organization.
- Seek certification/registration of its OH&S management system by an external organization
- Make a self-determination and declaration of conformance with this OHSAS specification.
For questions or inquiries, please contact us or fill out the quick contact form on this page and we will get back to you shortly.